Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Blog Post #6

Hey, it's Noah. Earlier in class, we wrote a paper comparing two different texts that shared ideas of gender stereotyping. One text was from a comic strip and the other text was from a woman's memoir from Iran. The paper was timed and we had a whole class period to finish it. We were graded on four different criteria which included, understanding and comparison of the texts, understanding of the use and effects of stylistic features, organization and development, and language.

After looking at both texts, I was able to reach a good understanding of each text and the stylistic features they had to offer. I was able to show this understanding well though I did not include as many references to the text as a should have. Again, I while explaining the stylistic features and their effects, I should have used more direct references to the text. I understand now, that I should have also talked more about the differences in the format and use of language in the two different texts.

I do believe that I did a good job organizing and presenting my ideas though I lacked certain ideas to make my paper complete. After learning through this experience, I plan on creating a proper outline of the paper before I start writing it. Writing down my ideas on paper will make it much easier to visualize how I should organize and develop my ideas.

My language throughout the paper had good range though I had several errors in grammar or spelling. I believe that I can work on my sentence construction as well. The grammatical errors may have occurred because I was writing on paper and because I was working under a time limit. With more practice, I will be able to work better under these stresses and I will be able to produce cleaner and more concise work.


No comments:

Post a Comment